Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Come for a walk down the drive with me...

It's a pretty time of the year and it's exciting to see what the previous owners planted and how things are changing with the seasons.
Buddy's coming :)
A white camellia is in full bloom.
Pretty pink rhoddo's.
I'm not sure what this is, but the tree has clusters of these which look like peppercorns.
Anyone know what this tree is?
This magnolia is spectacular.
The flowers are huge!
I love bamboo, this one has more delicate leaves and isn't as intrusive as the large plants.
 There are flowering cherries everywhere and carpets of fallen blossoms.
And guess who joined us on our walk.
Wednesday.
Hope you're having a lovely week.
Carole x

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Pretty garden you have! I'm fairly sure it's a pepper tree, Schinus molle......there's one growing outside our back fence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schinus_molle

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you - I enjoyed the walk! So nice to see such pretty things growing.

Nicky said...

Thanks for the lovely walk this morning... you have some beautiful blooms flowering at your place.

Raewyn said...

I love these properties with their already established character - exciting to be exploring it as the seasons change. Hope it has survived today's nasty weather - we're quite windy and wet up here tonight.

Tatkis said...

Thanks for a wonderful walk!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Linda Jo said...

Love the property! I'm so excited you moved.... you know I wasn't too sure about it when you started the process... still miss those sheep. sorry.... ha! But the gardens make up for it!

Shane Pollard said...

A beautiful walk Carole!
You're so lucky the previous owners planted those wonderful flowering trees.
Did they establish a garden too?
Buddy has settled in well I see!

hugs
Shane

DIAN said...

What a pretty garden. I love all the flowers.