Thursday, August 8, 2013

A project box

This is my project box. Do you all have one of these? I decided to collect up all my half finished and almost started projects so that I can keep an eye on how many WIP's I've got on the go. The box has 8 projects in it at the moment. It did have 10, but I finished two over the weekend! I'm hoping to take out one project at a time and see if I can get them completed. Of course I still have my bright pink quilt sitting on my cutting table which I'm working on, but I've also got these sitting on one of the tables.
Now you'll know which one I'm thinking of working on. I must admit it's so nice to work on mixed media projects after fussing over perfect seams.

How many projects have you got hiding at your place at the moment?
I challenge you to gather them all up and put them in a container and one by one take them out and finish them. Will you do better than me and finish them?
Lets see!!

Carole x

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea - I think that I would need a big dustbin sized box for all mine!

Tatkis said...

That is a great idea, but I'm afraid one box wouldn't be enough :)))

Hugs,
Tatyana

Raewyn said...

Hi Carole, well done on two finishes :-) I have a project cupboard, which overflows onto a project shelf, which overflows onto...... hehe I am trying to work my way through my wips but it is a slow process and so many things call my name!! It is a good idea though to store them all together so they are organised and don't get lost in the general busyness.

DIAN said...

I have so many unfinished projects that I fear they will take over the whole house.

Good to see you only have one box full of them.

Linda Jo said...

Oh dear. Yes... that was to be my question... Is there a size limit on the Project Box? I do like the idea tho. I think I may do that! I'm right now trying to finish an embroidery project that was left unfinished by a friend of mine's mom. The mom died of cancer just over a year ago. The daughter doesn't know I'm working on this along with another friend who will do the sewing of the project once the embroidery is done. The project box will make it easy when I'm gone.... my kids can just send the box to you.

Linda Jo said...

Does my picture eventually show up on my comments? I've noticed an x lately.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ONE project box? Are you kidding?? My whole studio room is a project box! No, you don't want to know any more than that...as a matter of fact I don't want to know any more than that and I'm the one that lives with it!!

Gina E. said...

Hi Carole,
I discovered you on Dian's blog and came over to investigate your "project box" as it sounds like something I have - sort of...
I once dedicated a whole year to finishing my UFOs and actually finished most of them - about seven! I was extremely pleased with myself:-)
So even though I've not spent another year like that, I have confidence in myself now that if I really wanted to, I could do it again and enjoy it. Such a great feeling to have those projects done and dusted and not feel guilty any more. Of course there a dozen more since then :-(