Sunday, February 10, 2013

As you can imagine.....

Things have been a little hectic round here as we prepare to shift.

Honestly, I'm totally over this packing business. We have so much clutter, -very important can't live without clutter that I am sure that we will never find space for it all in our new cottage. (Mr M&M would roll his eyes at this point and claim that it is I who have the clutter!)

I have been ruthless (as much as a hoarder can be) and have thrown out boxes of "junk" I have even packed my car to overflowing and taken lots of goodies to the local Hospice Store. I know it feels like I'm having a personal purge, if one can have a personal purge? lol


This is all that's left of my sewing room. It took me 3 full days to get to this stage! The most traumatic event was finding a new home for the sheep. There were a couple of very naughty, trouble-making sheep, who went for a wee ride to visit the butcher. But my gorgeous sweet little twins and their friends were not to be eaten. We wanted to find a good home for them where they would be able to graze away the rest of their days.


Eventually we were relieved to find lovely lady who owned a large orchard and wanted some sheep to keep in it so that she never had to mow it. We bundled them into the trailer and took them on a road trip to discover their new home.


Here they are finding their way around, checking out their new paddock and the lovely lush green grass. They look as though they hardly even remember me. Which I must admit, didn't help matters. I bawled my eyes out all the way there, while they were unloaded and all the way home. Made an absolute total fool of myself.

I'm fine today. There are too many empty boxes waiting!

Carole x




11 comments:

Jen xo said...

aww carole they were your babies :( ...but at least they will be happy, that will help.... doesn't it feel good to get rid of stuff? you wont even miss im sure :)

Annette said...

here's a big hug for you.... hope it helps..
hugs

Michelle said...

These gorgeous wee woolly things can pull at your heart strings! I know I have 6 that I or the kids have reared and they will never made the table as a meal!! Happy packing, Michelle.

Michelle said...

These gorgeous wee woolly things can pull at your heart strings! I know I have 6 that I or the kids have reared and they will never made the table as a meal!! Happy packing, Michelle.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness.....nearly moving time! You have found a lovely forever home for your twins and their friends, they can keep the orchard mown and just enjoy doing what sheep do.

Doreen G said...

If I wasn't so damn lazy I would offer to come over and give you a hand :-)))

DIAN said...

Moving is traumatic and having to relocate your sheep must have been difficult.

I hope the packing is done soon. It is a good opportunity to clear out some clutter but I know how hard it can be.

Maggi said...

Glad you found a good home for your babies. Enjoy the move!

Linda Jo said...

Ahhhh.... those sweet lambs! I'm sooo glad you found a good home for them. I would've bawled my eyes out, too! You were such a part of their lives.... they remember you.... And purging is hard.... no matter what it is about! You are on the right road my friend!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awwww - I feel so sorry for you having to find a new home for your sweet wooly critters...I would have cried too. You'll just have to focus on your new home and try not to miss them.

Unknown said...

You look like you were better than I was at purging (I am STILL wondering where I'm to put things, so thy remain in their boxes!!!!) I hope you retained visitation rights for your sheep. An orchard sounds like a lovely destination!