Friday, March 2, 2012

A little zine is finished


We QB5 girls are all busy making zines. And when they're finished we send them on to each other to add a page or two.

The first zine to arrive in my letterbox was Patty's... it's a very textural zine with a cover made from velvet. Patty's theme is medieval. Dear me was New Zealand even here in medieval days?


And here is Patty's first completed page. I have no idea what to do at this stage!


We're just not that old over here in New Zealand! So I thought I better improvise for my page.


A little bit of tissue, some ink and BINGO! Grubby! Were they grubby in medieval times? Now, I need layers....


Mmmm, some layers and a Tragedy! What a combination, that's got to be good for medieval zine!


Layers, a Tragedy, London, 1623.
Perfect.
Made in Palmerston North, 2012.


That's the page done. Hope you like it Patty!
(The links to the QB5 girls are all on the right if you want to follow zine progress)

Carole x

13 comments:

shirley said...

Carole, could you tell me what a zine is. These look very interesting.

Linda Jo said...

It looks perfect to me! You are actually ahead of time!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Loving the grunge. Happy weekend

Jill said...

This will be fun to watch what all of you are up to again!

Jen xo said...

haha theres a wya around everything...lo
ve your layering and stitching....

Unknown said...

Grungy Tragedy!
ROFLing!

Comedy is very Medieval.
heeheehee

Charlotte Scott said...

Love all the beautiful texture you've created.
PS your new photo on your sidebar is nice too!

Gilly Tee said...

This sounds like great fun.
Gillx

~*~Patty S said...

ooo so fun to get to see more than a corner :)

I wasn't sure at first if you used paper or silk!
and "tragedy" is timeless isn't it!

thanks so much Carole...looking forward to working in all of the zines!
oxo
deary me!
hoping my third try at the dingdang double word puzzle works!!!

Margaret said...

Brilliant! great effect! Mx

Rhonda said...

Your grubby tissue pages made me weep with joy! Wonderful work.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Hey Carole, popped over to see what you're up to. This is awesome! Your QB5 group does such fun things!

A bird in the hand said...

It goes without saying that I love your page. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Colette xx