Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Gorgeous Sunday



It is a stunningly beautiful day today,
 it is even hard to trawl through days and remember one quite as nice.
 A gentle breezes kisses the tops of the tallest trees,
everyone wants to stop what they're doing and soak up the heat.

I must remember to thank you all for all the good wishes I received on starting my new job. 
I was treated to a lovely morning tea on my first day, to welcome me.
And I find I'm working with a lovely group of people.
I am left wondering what's happened to my leisurely life of crafting!
However I managed to finish stitching my addition to Patty's project.
I used some vintage Coats 60 crochet cotton to embellish her piece.
So now it's finished and will go in the mail.
It's the last of the five stitching projects, so it means mine will return home soon
and I'll get to see what gorgeous things Patty, Linda, Nathalie and Margaret added to mine!
The countdown begins!



Hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend!
Carole :))

12 comments:

Dogwood said...

what lovely stitches. all so evenly spaced. i love pink.

have a! nice weekend and smile

Catsngrams said...

What lovely work you do. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Shane Pollard said...

Totally agree - it's been a fantastic day in Aotearoa!!

Beautiful stitching Carole - lucky Patty opeing up that wee package.

So glad you're enjoying your new job, I thought about you during the week and said a wee prayer that things would be OK!

Dorthe said...

Hi Carole-
so wonderfull you feels good in your new job.
Your stitchin looks so beautifull.
Happy sunday.
Hugs,Dorthe

ShabbyChicShaz said...

A cup of tea, what a nice welcome, sounds like work is going to be ok. I well know how it cuts into your crafting time, it becomes more precious :)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love the shot of the pink stitch...gorgeous! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday....in your part of the world.

Debrina said...

Didn't the Manawatu just turn it on, yesterday?? We lulled in the sun and made fairy dolls with my neighbour's daughter and Jason. :-)
Your work is supremely perfect, my friend. I love the close ups.
So glad you have lovely people to work with. The working day takes up so much of your time and you want it to be spent with pleasant people!!

Linda Jo said...

Talk about a brief glimpse! I need to see more, girl.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Beautiful stitches, love those linens

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the new job and especially the people you work with. Lovely stitching in pink, so soft looking, so subtle.

Unknown said...

Sweet blush of pink on Patty's stitchery.

I am SO glad you found a place that appreciates you!

~*~Patty S said...

what a pitiful peek that is
you are a BIG Tease Ms Carole!!!
Love the pink stitches!
oxo