Friday, January 1, 2010

*~Happy New Year to you all!~*

What a exciting way to start the new year!
Look what arrived in my mailbox, - a R.A.K! (random act of kindness) And, it was from Nathalie who knows how much I adore anything vintage!



And tucked inside were these 2 darlings! A sewing Susan, and a pair of embroidery scissors!



Thanks Nathalie, but talk about a tease! Look what else was tucked inside the envelope!
These 2 beauties are for next years Christmas advent calender! Just how cool is that? You might remember my advent calender from a few posts ago, with all the little bags on it. Well Nathalie thinks I should start filling those wee bags now, so when Christmas rolls around next year I am in for a treat indeed!! I will have to hide these away so they don't become a temptation! :) Pretty cool idea thanks Nathalie!


I hope all my blogging friends have a special start to the new year.
Here's to exciting treasures and creative goodness!

Carole :)

7 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

that Nathalie IS a thoughtful temptress, isn't she!!!
Happy Healthy New Year's Day to you and yours and all the best for 2010!
Looking forward to more art and fun with you Queen Bees!!!
oxoxo
P.S. just polished off the last Cadbury chocie fishes! ummm thank you again!

Doreen G said...

I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation Carole.
Happy New Year my friend.

Dotti said...

And Happy New Year to you too Carole!

Debrina said...

Hapy New Year Carole! What lovely gifts! What you up to in another week? Jason is back to daycare from Jan 8th - would be great if we could meet up again!

Margaret said...

Happy New Year! What a cool idea, love the Sewing Susan! I have the exact same scissors in gold! I bought them up the top of Pilatus on our 10th wedding ani!
I wish you many RAK's for 2010 and I'm looking forward to sitting in your craft room, awesome! what are we going to make!! see ya! Mrs Gx

Weathered & Worn said...

It's so much fun to receive art gifts in the mail! Have fun with it! I saw your rcent work in the newest issue of Sew Somerset, and wanted to stop by your blog. Thanks for sharing! Very nice blog.

Unknown said...

Ha!I'm glad you posted the numbers on the packages. I forgot what I "days" I had sent you (plan to send more in future packages). More teasing until next Christmas!

Hahaha- my verification word is "chili". A hot dish made of meat and beans. Could use a pot of it today. :)