Monday, November 16, 2009

My weekends work


This is what I've been working on over the weekend. I am trying to get it done for DH's birthday, (which was 2 weeks ago) I had to give the poor guy a rain check as it got a bit challenging for my
mental capabilities, LOL.
However, I'm on to it with renewed vigor, I'm gonna nail this quilt!!


But then I have had the odd smallish problem, I haven't had any pattern pieces as I just did the triangles all out freehand. So I used all my scraps of batiks, but some were a bit small, or I had them sewn on at the wrong angle, and BINGO! too short, doesn't fit!


Did I tell you a have quite the relationship with my quick unpick!! LOL


However, now can you see where I'm headed??

A long way to go yet!

Carole :D

7 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Wow, what a challenge, good on you for giving it a go it's going to be brilliant and I'm sure your husband will love it no matter how late it is.
well done
Miche'le

Joy said...

Carole it's stunning .... I reckon it will be well worth the wait :o)!!
Hugs
Joy :o)

KatieScarlett said...

OMG!!! That's gorgeous. My DH would looooove that.........If yours doesn't fully appreciate it, send it over here to Utah :)

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Amazing colors. Love the wobbly border and sunburst centers.

I really came looking for photos of your "Madness and Mess" of a studio. Isn't this where you were going to post them? ;)

Linda Jo said...

That looks amazing!!!!!!!!

Linda Vincent said...

How wonderful...it reminds me of Joseph's coat!!
(You have SO much patience Carole)

Julie said...

Wow! It will be worth the wait> Gorgeous!