Friday, October 16, 2009

Wouldn't this rock your socks off!!!


Inquisitive?

Want to know what's inside?

It's the package that arrived from my bestest buddy Nathalie in the States a couple of days ago.

Nathalie has a very keen eye for finding the most fabulous things! NO KIDDING! She is like the Sherlock Holmes of mixed media artists! LOL (and if you don't believe me check out the exciting thing she lists in her Etsy store!!)

This was what was in the package.......



Now would this just rock your socks off? I couldn't believe the gorgeousness of it! The lace was stunning, only wish I knew the history of it, the stories behind it. It is VERY vintage, and I spent ages picking it up and looking at it.





Remnants of satin ribbon...




It was so delicate, some was exquisitely fine, I'm sorry Nathalie, I just don't know if I'll be able to cut this up and use it in my fabric collages? But I do have my eye on a special case which would be perfect to store my treasure in for the mean time. I thought it might be kinda cool to invent histories and make cards or labels to go with each piece that explain the history of each piece!


Nathalie also sent me some huge tea bags to use in my sewing! My mind has been racing with ideas for using these!

Overall, this was an amazing gift, took me ages to calm down after opening it LOL. Thank you so much Nathalie, you really know how to get my blood pumping and my heart racing LOL!

Carole :D

6 comments:

Jen xo said...

a-mazing goodies Carole, they are beautiful!

Margaret said...

I totally understand where you're coming from on this one, what an amazing parcel to recieve!! I0m not sure i could cut it up either!!

Linda Jo said...

WOW! Beautiful stuff....put it on a quilt!!! This Nathalie person must be a doll!!!

Julia said...

Oh wow that is an awesome lot of beautiful lace...so hard to come by..
I have done lots of SRE and this is the perfect lace for that..
Make a CQ quilt..perfect..
Julia ♥

Debrina said...

WOAH!!! That lost package arrived!!! I am seriously, seriously jealous now, Carole!!!!!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Gorgeous lace, the first cut is the hardest I'm sure ;)