Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a foodies weekend


Grab your attention did they? They sure grabbed mine!
On the weekend my family gathered together to celebrate my sister's birthday, and it seemed as tho it was a weekend of heavenly food indulgences!
On Saturday night we all went out for a buffet tea, and I was in sheer heaven with all the seafood on offer and then I saw the large plate of brandy snaps!
(sorry there aren't more pics, but I was too busy sampling everything!! lol)

Then the next morning my nephew was conducting a taste test on baked beans, and needed people to taste them while he recorded results. So my sister and her hubby cooked up a storm for breakfast for everyone.


Toast and mushrooms, baked beans, tomatoes and eggs, sausages and bacon
and mini pancakes, croissants and fruit juice .
What more could you possibly want?
It was absolutely delicious!

Carole ;)

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

There should be a law about publishing photos of brandy snaps like that.
I haven't had any since I was a kid--My mother made the best brandy snaps ever.
And now you have stirred up memories that will torment me until I get one.
:-{

Margaret said...

aaaaggggghhhh!!!!! stop!!!!!I'm so with Doreen, how could you do this to your faithful followers...rofl... you know how you sent us a peanut slab, well...

Linda Jo said...

I could eat!

Unknown said...

Everything looks YUMMY! This is the wrong post to be reading when I should be making dinner. Breakfast for dinner is sounding pretty good right now!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

food glorious food, that what we live for :)
are those canoli in the first photo = gorgeous!