Saturday, June 27, 2009

a busy week


A bit of a crappy pic, as the light isn't so good today.
It's murky and drizzling, or it could be mizzling (if you live in certain parts of the world! lol)

This week I have managed to get quite a bit of gardening done, and I have also completed this quilt top. It's very simple using only 3 different fabrics. I wanted to try making a lap quilt by myself without using a pattern. I know it probably sounds pretty 'novice' but I wanted to learn how to work out the measurements myself. I have been quilting for may be 18 or so years, but I have always meticulously followed the pattern. I think it's time I got a little original instead of buying patterns! I was pleased it came together really well. The rose fabric is the most delicate shade of duck egg blue, and the plain blue fabric has tiny pink spots. Now I just need to quilt it.


Then I went to visit with some friends who have bought 30 acres of land and are working like beavers to develop a vineyard and winery. The land is lovely with gorgeous views of the snow-capped ranges, which is great as they will eventually build a new home here too. It was lovely to hear about their fabulous plans and see where they will plant their vines.


And a small purchase this week. This lovely fat quarter of fabric covered in chubby wee bubble bees!


Now unfortunately I have come down with a cold! Darn, however it's a great day to spend reading in front of the fire!
Until next post,
Carole

7 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Love the bee fabric ! ( partly cause of my name )
Where abouts is the new vineyard? ( I came from that general area - Rangitikei )

Jennifer said...

That's a very pretty quilt!

Khris said...

ohhh that bee fabric is gorgeous...love it...hugs khris

Linda Jo said...

Well, you have had a good week. Love the quilt top! Your friends' property will be amazing. And I love the BEE fat quarter. I need to look at fabric!

Margaret said...

Lovely quilt top! I like it when you get busy!! and what a find with the bee, can't wait to see what you do with that cutie. Hope you're feeling a bit better now, I'd love to join you by the fire, no such thing as summer here this year, just dreadful. Mx

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

ooo such a sweet beezy weezy, Love it! The rose fabric in your quilt top is lovely! Your friends have lots of energy with their vineyard plans, what a gorgeous setting!
Hoping each day finds you feeling much much better than the last oxo
looks like we may have a mizzly day today here in VA :)

Unknown said...

Lovely quilt, adorable fabric and I love the bubbling water and nature sounds you have playing!

Vineyards and wineries have got to be my favorite destinations. How wonderful to have friends going into the biz.

I hope, hope, hope you are feeling better soon.