Friday, February 13, 2009

A class and a gift!

Yesterday I went to an embellishment class at Cherry Pie Quilts down in Levin. It was 2 hours and I was hoping to learn how to do silk ribbon embroidery, and anything else that was going really! Above is my wee sampler, 2 hours work. Our tutor, Cheryl, who I might add is one of the most talented people I know when it comes to embroidery, showed us lots of little ways of doing stitches and using ribbon and beads. My first rose at the top is a bit dodgy, but the bottom rose looks a lot better! They are called spider web roses. I need to practice lots!


Then today I got this wee heart in the mail! It's from Gabriela in the States for a swap on Textile Challenges group. I think it has lavender inside, or perhaps oil. I love the lace and the rose and the ribbon! Makes it kind of old but new! Thanks Gabriela!
I haven't quite finished mine, I have 3 to make, but they're almost done!

Carole ;)

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Love your stitching!!! I need to upload what I'm working on...just started last night. Will try and get that uploaded later today. LOVE your ribbon embroidery. I need to do some of that.

Rengin Yazitas said...

Your SRE looks beautiful, it is hard to believe that you're a beginner! It is so nice to create all those lovely flowers, aren't they?
Best wishes,
Rengin, in Istanbul