Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a small deviation.....

Well here we are. The above pic is from the pattern for the latest block I'm working on. But I have one small problem, I'm not that keen on the pot and the flowers. Nothing in particular wrong with them, it's just that I think they are a little heavy compared to the other blocks. I made this block up, and still didn't like it, sooooooo.....
I made this block up instead. I know it is plain, but I thought I would draw a pattern down the middle piece of fabric and do some stitching on that. I think it is more in keeping with the rest of the quilt blocks.
I keep you posted!
Carole ;)

2 comments:

Margaret said...

love both of them but love the second one best! you could add some buttons to the top one to balance it out a bit, gorgeous colours. I really like these blocks you're working on.

m i c h e l l e said...

I think both are gorgeous!!!