Sunday, October 19, 2008

A small purchase and a rare find at the library!

Did I mention I found this book at the library last visit? What a find!! It's like discovering treasure! I don't ever want to take it back!
I bought this doily from www.trademe.co.nz. It is just lovely. It has tiny little daffodils all around the outside, I think it will be just perfect to use when I have my next vase of daffodils from the garden! The little flowers have been slightly squashed, so may have to starch it to make it keep it's shape. Any suggestions you may have about helping to keep the flowers in shape - please let me know!
Hope you've all had a great weekend! We've had 2 days of sunny weather, I even put my shorts on!
Carole ;D

5 comments:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Oooooh! I wish this was at our library! I have been wanting to read it. Is it good?!

m i c h e l l e said...

Oh this doily is absolutely marvelous! I love daffodils...it's quite unusual. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. ood luck making them perky! :-)

Debbi Baker said...

That book really does sound right up your alley! Re the daffodils - do you have any of those packaging peanuts - because if you do if you inserted then (sounds rather surgical!) when the flowers were damp I think that would help them hold their shape. Otherwise maybe cottonwool balls....or....

Margaret said...

my mum used to steam these over the boiling jug to regain their shape, quite how you hold it I don't remember or hang it up in the bathroom during shower time!

Melanie said...

Oh I'm going to the library to see what gems I can find now...