Sunday, September 7, 2008

A catch up day in the garden!



For those of you who don't know me, one of my passions is gardening. I love my gardens and I love to cut flowers and have them inside. When we bought this property there was nothing here, just a house in the middle of a paddock. I am trying to start from nothing to build up an enclosed garden. It will have all my vege plants, my fruit trees and my flower gardens all together in one spot.
Today I planted 3 climbing roses out in my 'secret garden'! The top one is Madame Alfred Carriere, an old fashioned climber with a strong fragrance, mmmm. The middle one is Veilchenblau, and it too is an old fashioned climber with a strong fragrance. The red rose above is Dublin Bay, a New Zealand bred rose, it looks stunning, and I have grown this rose in other gardens, but it has no fragrance. I am hoping they do well and that I get lots of lovely scented blooms this summer!

I also managed to plant a seedless white grape and a few more vege plants.
What a fun day. Mind you, I now have a sore back and my hands are in need of some serious moisture therapy!

Hope you have all had as much fun as I have had today!
Carole

2 comments:

Tiglizzyclone said...

Those photographs of the flowers are really lovely.
Leslie

Margaret said...

Something to look forward to in the coming summer months, beautiful! Did you spot the shell on the beach house pic?? you have perfect timing! Cheers, Margaret