Sunday, August 3, 2008

for anyone interested...

Remember this ATC I made for Debbi not long ago? Well I thought you might be interested to see where the background fabric came from......
From this panel. I made a long piece of it, lots of threads, silk waste, silk sari yarn, even the odd feather! This was all layered together between the disolvable plastic and sewn. Then I rinsed it to get rid of the plastic sheets.
I then cut it to make this quilted wall hanging.


Added lots of sequins, beads, organza ribbon, whatever I could find...



Hope you enjoyed!
Oh and Lynda!! Please note there is no food what-so-ever portrayed in this posting!! LOL
Carole

4 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Who needs food when you can feast your eyes on this *LOL*
What a brilliant idea incorporating this piece in a quilt. Makes it look very tactile.
Love it.

ScaryCheri said...

oh wow Carole, that wall hanging is fabulous. I love the colors. Well done. Hugz,

Editor said...

The texture in this piece is terrific!

Jacqueline

Moonwillow said...

I am new to your blog and I will bookmark it for sure! I just love this wall hanging it is delicious!