Monday, June 23, 2008

WooHoo! We're heading for summer!

Yay, Saturday was the shortest day and longest night, which means one thing...we're on our way to summer! Not that you'd notice today. As I write this it is pouring with rain and cold to boot! I planted out my new fruit trees over the weekend, 2 plum trees, 2 apple trees and an almond tree. I didn't water them as I knew we were going to get some rain. I also planted another 500 daffodils on saturday, back breaking work, but it will be well worth it in spring. I also fertilized the camelias, so I'm pleased the rain has arrived. Just hope we don't get 40 days and 40 nights of it! Lol!
I worked out last night that I've now planted in excess of 3500 daffs over the last 3 years. I think I am approx 500 short of finishing the driveway. It's rather long, and I've been planting them 3 wide. I'll post photos when the time comes.

Today the mail lady bought me this lovely little ATC from Anna, and Anna, if you're reading this, sorry for the poor photography! The card is covered in texture with some hand-stitching to add depth. Thank you so much I love it!

Tonight a friend and I are baby-sitting at work for a small number of children while their parents attend a parenting programme in the city. There are 4 children enrolled, and we will mind them for 3 hours. We will each get $60.00 for the evenings work. I thought this might buy me some new art supplies!! We will play the DVD Alvin and the Chipmunks, which I haven't seen, but we should all enjoy it! I also have a binding to handsew onto a mini art quilt, hopefully I can get that on. I'm really good at multi-tasking! hahaha. I've even been known to make silk paper on one end of the kitchen bench while the tea is cooking on the other end!

Hope you all had a great weekend,
Hugs,
Carole

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ATC looks fine to me Carole. Glad you like it!! Anna

morningDove said...

Oh I better not tell my hubby how many daffs you planted. He might just grab a plane over to steal a few during the night to bring to me. Is this the time of year to plant them for spring? i should buy some bc he loves them so much.
thank you again for the mini quilt trade on FAT. I so enjoyed that.
Anna's ATC has great texture.