Thursday, June 19, 2008

Card class

There was a card making class at the Community Centre last night, $5.00. I went along to help the tutor, and these are the cards I made. We were each given a small packet with card etc... in and we were shown the finished product and had to make those. I don't think these are quite me, but, very nice all the same. I thought perhaps I might add a few more elements to some of them to kinda "spoof" them up a bit. Maybe some paint, some extra stamping...
What do you think?






My friend Heather, in the grey top, was busy adding lace to one of her cards, but I'm not a lace person, so left that off. We had lots of laughs, and we had 3 children attend as well, and they kept up and made some lovely cards too.
They would like me to organise another class of some description for them. I'll have to give it some thought. The problem is finding something that people can make, that doesn't require using a sewing machine, although hand sewing is ok. And it has to be minimal in cost.
The community here is very hard to please. It is extremely difficult to get people to participate in anything!
If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Carole




No comments: