Friday, May 9, 2008

The beginning of a secret garden!

Hi all! WOO HOO it's Friday!
Just a short entry today, but I had to show you this progress out in my garden. It is the beginning of my "secret garden". A trellis fence is going up on 2 sides, which will provide quite a bit of shelter for everything growing within. I am very excited about this, and am starting to plan what I will grow on the trellis. As this garden area will have a variety of flowers and veges I want to make sure that I don't waste an inch of ground space!
On the fence below I intend to grow a climbing rose on the left hand end, 2 black grapes thru the middle and another climbing rose in the corner.

You won't be able to see as much of this fence once the feijoa trees are grown, so I plan to plant some climbing plants to add a splash of colour. If you have any good recommendations for climbers don't hesitate to let me know! I will consider everything!
Must say a warm welcome to purple missus, aka Lynda. Thanks for the nice comments, and I was hoping for some inspiration from you! I've not done any altered art projects before so perhaps I should visit the library and get some books out!!
And my friend Fannie! You always say the nicest things, you sound way too nice to be true!
Now don't forget to scroll down to enter your name in the draw for an ATC card in my giveaway! I will make the draw on Sunday so you still have time!
Until tomorrow,
Carole

1 comment:

Fannie said...

I am all "real," Carole--that includes wrinkles, aches and pains. Well, except for the nail polish and hair color, that is. ;-D

Your garden is large and wonderful and will be even more beautiful with the flowers you will plant. You're so fortunate to have all that space. Any room for a water feature and maybe even a bridge? I hope you'll post photos of your progress.